A PROPOSED phased reopening of Universal Studios Orlando was presented to the Orange County Task force today and is awaiting approval by several Florida agencies
Today, Universal Orlando presented their proposal to the Orange County Task Force detailing their plans for opening their resorts and theme parks. The proposal submitted by Universal Orlando included a re-opening date for the general public on June 5th (June 1st -4th would be used as a testing phase). The proposed guidelines that Universal Orlando would like to have in place and the proposed date to reopen must be approved by the Orange County Task Force and the Mayor will need to officially sign off on the plan and send it to the state.
Below we have highlighted some of the proposed requirements that team members and guests visiting the resorts and parks must adhere to and which are in accordance with guidelines provided by the CDC. Here are some of those proposed requirements (subject to change):
- Temperature checks will be required at parking or main entrance. (non-contact forehead reading will be utilized).
- Guests will be required to wear masks while visiting the parks
- Staggered arrivals and parking
- Mobile food ordering for dining venues
- Social distancing required in all public areas
- No valet parking will be available at this time
Some changes that may impact guests experiences at attractions:
- All interactive play areas will be closed
- Water and misting features throughout the parks will not be operating or will be minimized
- No single rider lines
- 3D glasses will be handed out individually
- Virtual queues will be utilized where they are available.
- No parades or post show meet and greets. However, individual floats may appear in the parks but the performers will remain on the floats.
This proposal must still receive approval from the Orange County, the Mayor and finally by the state. If any of those entities do not approve the proposal, Universal Orlando cannot proceed with their opening date or plans. Also, changes to the proposed date and guidelines may be required.
You can find more details from
Universal Orlando’s proposed re-opening plan by clicking on this link.
Universal CityWalk is NOW OPEN for Limited Operations and with CDC required guidelines
Select CityWalk venues recently reopened for guests to enjoy 4-10pm daily (subject to change). Self-parking is complimentary. Valet parking is not available at this time. (subject to change). Some venues will remain temporarily closed at this time including Blue Man Group, all nightclubs, and Universal Cinemark.
Universal will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed. Additional venues may be added over time, and hours of operation are subject to change.
Universal team members and all guests should follow all recommended CDC guidelines. Therefore, all guests and Team Members will be required to comply with following:
- Face covering required: Everyone is required to wear a face covering during their visit.
- Temperature check required: Temperature checks will be required upon arrival, and guest with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be admitted.
- Wash hands often: Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds.
- Social distancing: Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet between your travel party and others.
- Floor markings: When present, please stand on the floor markings until the group in front of you moves forward.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
At this time, Walt Disney World® Resorts and Theme Parks remain closed until June 13th. No opening date has been announced
Walt Disney World has yet to announce the opening dates of their resorts or theme park. To date, Disney has confirmed that their resorts and theme parks will remain closed until June 13th. However, as we previously detailed in another email, select retail and restaurants have opened at Disney Springs.
Visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the latest details of open venues
We will notify you as soon as Disney announces their plans to reopen the resorts and theme parks. We will only provide official information and details regarding an opening date and the requirements guests must adhere to when the Disney parks make that information available. So watch your inbox for further communication from the Mouse Experts!
When you are ready to travel ….. contact your Mouse Expert for complimentary concierge services. Now servicing destinations AROUND THE WORLD!