Mickey Shaped Pretzels – At Home!
Wrapping up our Disney snacks week – Mickey Shaped Pretzels. This is a perfect snack to create with your little ones at home. With some parental help, this snack has few ingredients and is adaptable for little ones to help Mom and Dad in the kitchen.
2 tubes crescent roll dough
1/8 cup flour
1/3 cup baking soda
3 cup warm water
Egg wash, for brushing
Coarse salt, for sprinkling
Yellow mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375º and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll out crescent tube and pinch together seams.
- Align the dough so that the wide side is facing you and use a pizza cutter to slice into 8 equally long strips.
4. Gently roll one strip of dough so that instead of a strip, it comes to form a long, thin tube.
5. Shape the dough into a large circle and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with a second strip, but after shaping into a long, thin tube, slice in half and form each half into small circles for ears.
6. Place them onto prepared baking sheet so that they’re touching the big circle and will bake as one.
7. In a shallow bowl, combine baking soda and warm water and whisk until dissolved. Brush all over crescent pretzel.
8. Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Lightly brush all over crescent pretzel.
9. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
10. Bake until pretzels are puffed and golden – about 8-10 minutes.
11. Serve with mustard or your favorite cheese sauce.
~Recipe adapted from delish.com