Krispie Treats are a known favorites for kids of all ages! The Walt Disney World Resort® is known for taking these amazing treats to the next level. At Goofy’s Candy Shop in Disney Springs, you can create your own treat. By selecting a dipping flavor, topping, and a final drizzle you can create your own Mickey-shaped masterpiece. Traveling around the Disney resorts and parks, you can also find a delicious selection of tasty treats.
While at home during this time, we had some fun and created our own Mickey-shaped Krispie treats. They turned out delicious and reminded us of our happy place.
Here’s the simple recipe to recreate your own Mickey inspired dessert:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Krispie Rice Cereal
- Cooking Spray
- Mickey Shaped Cookie Cutter
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Krispie Rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Immediately move to step 4.
4. While still warm – spray your cookie cutter and your fingers with cooking spray to help with the stickiness. Press your cookie cutter into your Krispies treat pan. Using your fingers press the cereal down inside the cookie cutter and then gently lift the cutter out of the pan. Continue to ‘resmooth’ the left overs in the pan until you have created all of your Mickey-shaped treats..
5. Coat with chocolate or dip in your favorite drizzle.
Cover and store – best if enjoyed within 1-2 days.
Share your creations below!